cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5x7 Folded Greeting Card on Pro-1000

smilingbuddha
Apprentice

Hello!  I'm a spankin' brand new canon pro-1000 owner and just unwrapped it today.  I have since been trying to print 5x7 folded borderless greeting cards of my art prints.  However, the printer keeps adding a thin 1/8" border on 3 sides (all but the horizontal fold) and cuts off part of my art that shows in Photoshop as within my border guides.  

Is there a special way to load the 5x7 (really, 7x10) card into the manual feeder to avoid this problem?  Is it the plastic guides that cradle the paper into the printer?  

If anyone has experience with borderless greeting card printing on this machine, I'd so appreciate any suggestions.  I print directly from Photoshop to the machine.

Thank you!

Smiling

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello smilingbuddah,

When printing the greeting cards, the card will need to be open and it will load like a standard sheet of photo paper. When loaded, the paper will be taller than wide and the print side will be facing up. You can view paper loading steps using the link HERE.

When printing from Photoshop, you will need to select the size of the whole sheet of paper and the image size will be the size of the picture on the paper. You might have to adjust your image position settings in your photo shop print window and I would suggest checking the instructions for your Photoshop version.

If you are still having problems printing your cards please reply to this message with the information below.

1. What specific greeting cards are you trying to print on?
  2. What paper size and media type are you selecting when printing from Photoshop?
  3. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  4. What version of Photoshop are you using?

I am not sure that there is a borderless option for 7x10 paper size.  Can the Canon expert comment?

If there is, you still have the problem of positioning, specifically with the fold, due to overprinting of the borderless function.

While not ideal for any volume printing, I usually use an 8.tx11 sheet.  Using a template (Qimage or Photoshop) I position the 5x7 image on one half and a 'stampmark' on the other (back).  Crease it, fold it, and trim using 5x7 image as guide.

After many days of speaking with a canon rep, as well as talking to other artists, alas it seems you are correct: I'm not able to print borderless on custom paper sizes on this particular printer.....*sigh. Although I appreciate your suggestion of using 8 x11 paper and think that would work just fine as borderless, I have resigned myself to adding a border to my cards. Thanks so much for taking the time to weigh-in. 🙂

HI Hector, Thanks so much for your reply, but a rep from canon told me that I'm not able to do a borderless option with a custom size on this particular printer. I tried all that you suggested in Photoshop and it still prints with a border.
Announcements