cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageprograf ipf780 printhead replacement problem

msgeer
Apprentice

My printer said (rather out of the blue) that I must replace the printhead. I order a new, canon official, printhead. I followed the replacement steps and it continually says it must be replaced. When I tried restarting I can get past that error, but the message light keeps blinking and nothing will print. The nozzle check will not run. The head cleaning (A or B) will not run. I can't find this error anywhere. I tried to get Canon support but they say I have to register my product, but it's not in the product list. This is why people hate printers.

Ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi msgeer,

When calling for support, please ensure that you are using the correct number for assistance with your imagePROGRAF printer.  Please dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays.  Choose option 1 and then option 2 to speak with a Technical Support Representative. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

kopec4825
Apprentice

I have two of these IPF780 printers and we are having the same problem with both machines. It seems like Canon is trying to get everyone to upgrade their machines. Both our machines are at two different office locations and they both started having the same problem. Both machines are not used daily so we don't know if the problem started on the same day. Both said replace the print head. When the print head was replaced, it said print head on recognized. We purchased several print heads, and we cannot resolve the problem on either printer. I tried to register the printer, but the canon site won't let me because it does not list the IPF780.

Hi, kopec4825! While we look into the registration issue, you're welcome to call our support line as registration is not required for that. Should you decide to do so, that number again is 1-800-423-2366.

Danny,

Do you have any InSite on why these IPF780 printers are saying replace the print head. We tried replacing the print head in one of them that came from Amazon, and it showed the error code print head not recognized. We returned that print head, and they sent another one which did the same thing. We have another print head coming from Staples which is supposed to be an OEM replacement. Have you seen a problem with the non-OEM heads going into fault.

Announcements