cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C5860i Gradient color problem on Canon Generic Plus PCL6

varez43
Apprentice

Hello, I have a project running where I have to print out office lists and for this I use a gradient in the background as a graphic background element. We have 2 models of the same printer, Image Runner Advance DX C5860i , one that is older and one that is newer. I have no problem printing the blue 100% to blue 0% (white) gradient on the old printer cleanly and in the correct color, but when I print the same file to the new printer, it adds a yellowish tone to the gradient that is not present in my document. I have tried everything from PDF settings to InDesign settings, but I only fail with the new printer and I would like to use the new printer as it prints text & photos much cleaner and more legible. I would be very happy to get an answer and help as soon as possible.CANON.jpgCANON2.jpg

Many thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

It would be helpful if you could provide the model numbers for your devices please.

Canon Generic Plus PCL6 is a driver, not a printer model.

Thank you

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

varez43
Apprentice

Hello Sir, I'm sorry to have given you wrong information regarding my problem. If I'm not mistaken, it's an Image Runner Advance DX C5860i 

If it's still not the right information, let me know. I appreciate your help very much, thank you! 

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, varez43!

While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks Danny!

@varez43.  Image Runners are supported by Canon's Dealer Network. I'm providing a link which you can review regarding gradation, tone and color adjustment.  However, I think that establishing a relationship with a servicing dealer will get your issue addressed with the best possible outcome.

Adjusting Print and Finish Quality - Canon - imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C5870i / C5860i / C5850i / C5840...  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements