cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF TX-4100 estimates new roll as 0'

NickAddison
Apprentice

TX 4100

New roll installed (42" x 150' x 2') and it originally originally estimated as 40'. I needed to print so just continued although the estimated length was wrong. Ran several prints. Once it reached a 0' estimated length I had to manually approve every print. I've since went through the uninstall-reinstall paper procedures several times (same roll) trying to get it to reset; no luck. I've manually went in and told the system it is a 150' roll, but it still estimates as 0' length remaining. 

Running out of ideas . . . How do I resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4

austinweale
Apprentice

I've been running into this same error. Did you have any luck solving it?

NickAddison
Apprentice

If I recall correctly, I had to change the paper type.

Click the paper roll to open Paper Information.

Select the paper roll icon.

Select Paper Settings.

Select Type.

Set to Plain.

Our paper is technically CAD bonded, but it would only read the length correctly and not force the manual approvals if it was set to Plain paper type. Hope that helps.

Awesome, thanks for responding. I'll give this a try.

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi NickAddison,

I see you are having an issue with your imagePROGRAF TX-4100 estimating the correct roll length. I suggest you eject the roll using the printer's control panel then turn the printer off and unplug the power cord for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, reconnect the power cord then reload the roll using the printer's conttrol panel (i.e. allow the printer to automatically load the roll).

If this doesn't fix your issue, let us know the name of the paper manufacturer and the name of the media.  Also, does the issue occur when you use a different roll?

Announcements