cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF TX-3100 Cutting Off 4" of Paper in Between Prints

fbitler
Contributor

Hello all, I am new to this. and I didn't mean to miss type in my last post.

I am looking for help on my imagePROGRAF TX-3100; it is wasting paper it is cutting off 4 inches of paper in between each sheet it prints. This is a plotter printer, and we are printing Arch D prints at about 20-30 sheets at a time. and it will cut the 4 inches off in between each printed sheet. 

I am guessing it is something in the settings. I did have it off at one point, But I can't remember what I did to get it that way. 

Thank you for your help 

7 REPLIES 7

fbitler
Contributor

My Canon imagePROGRAF TX-3100 is cutting a 4-inch strip in between each sheet it prints. I am printing plot plans that are 20-30 pages, and it is cutting this 4-inch strip in between each sheet. Help, please. 

Thanks for joining the conversation, fbitler!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using.  To date, Canon USA hasn't put out a TM-3100 but we have put out the imagePROGRAF TX-3100.  Please let us know whether that's what you're using or if it's something different. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

yes it is the TX-3100 miss typed sorry 

Hi fbitler,

It would appear that your imagePROGRAF TX-3100 is set to automatically cut the leading edge of the roll paper. If the leading edge of the paper is cut crooked or is not cut straight when roll paper is loaded, it will not print correctly. If this happens, you can cut the leading edge of the paper straight when loading a paper roll by using Trim Edge First in the Control Panel menu. Turning the Trim Edge First setting off should resolve your issue. Follow these steps to change the Trim Edge First setting:

1. Tap the paper information area on the display of your imagePROGRAF TX-3100.

2. Tap the roll you wish to print from.

3. Tap Paper settings.

4. Tap Advanced.

5. Tap Trim edge first.

6. Tap OFF.

Once set, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

The trim edge was set to off.

Any other Ideas?

My Canon TM-3100 Is cutting a 4-inch scrap in between each sheet of print. I am printing 20-30 sheets of Arch D prints. This is wasting a lot of paper. please help me stop it. 

Hi fbitler,

It is recommended that you contact technical support via phone for further assistance. There is NO charge for this call. Please dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays. A Technical Support Representative can determine the cause of this issue and resolve it quickly via phone or provide you with your available service options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements