cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPF 680 - color (yellow) is off

iemler1
Apprentice

The iPF 680 poster printer was working good, but about a month ago the color started printing off a bit. When orange/yellow is used in the graphic, the print comes out with a pink/red hue to it. The nozzles are good, as indicated by the check, but the color is still off. I tried a new cartridge and it still had the same issue. I ran the nozzle check, and the head cleaning (A&B). The prints are ran through Adobe PDF on plain coated paper, using an HP with Windows 11. I have ran through the color adjustment settings and tried all I know how. As mentioned, it was working fine until about a month ago, when I had to print multiple posters - the first one came out normal, but after that and since then, it has been printing with a pink/red hue.

poster printer nozzle check.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi iemler1,

The nozzle check pattern you posted is not correct, it should look like the example below. If your imagePROGRAF iPF680's firmware version is 01.50 and you have completed at least 2 head B cleanings, then you have completed all of the steps that should fix your issue. At this point, your iPF680 will require service because a part inside your printer is malfunctioning. I hope this is helpful.nozzle check pattern.jpg

View solution in original post

Hi iemler1,

On your iPF680's control panel, go to the Settings and Adjustment menu. Select Printer Info, at the bottom of the list then select System Info. Your firmware version is listed here. If your firmware is not 01.50, click here to view the steps to update the printer's firmware. If your firmware version is 01.50, I recommend that you contact our Large Format Printer telephone support at 1-800-423-2366 (press option 1 then option 3 for Large Format Printers), Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST, excluding holidays. I hope this is helpful.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi iemler1,

The nozzle check pattern you posted is not correct, it should look like the example below. If your imagePROGRAF iPF680's firmware version is 01.50 and you have completed at least 2 head B cleanings, then you have completed all of the steps that should fix your issue. At this point, your iPF680 will require service because a part inside your printer is malfunctioning. I hope this is helpful.nozzle check pattern.jpg

iemler1
Apprentice

Thank you Sonya! How do I know if the firmware is 01.50?

After running 2 head B cleanings, and a nozzle check, the pattern for yellow is not all the way correct, but it's better than before. 

Hi iemler1,

On your iPF680's control panel, go to the Settings and Adjustment menu. Select Printer Info, at the bottom of the list then select System Info. Your firmware version is listed here. If your firmware is not 01.50, click here to view the steps to update the printer's firmware. If your firmware version is 01.50, I recommend that you contact our Large Format Printer telephone support at 1-800-423-2366 (press option 1 then option 3 for Large Format Printers), Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST, excluding holidays. I hope this is helpful.

Announcements