cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access settings/registration in Remote UI

anoriega
Contributor

Our school owns a iR-ADV  C7572 III. When using the web remote UI: Portal - Settings/Registration I get the message: "Restricted from displaying this page". I've tried to find the setting to remove this restriction by login into the device itself, I've spend quite a good amount of time standing in front of the machine trying to find the setting to no avail. The machine is located significantly far away from where I am and is inconvenient having to get to the machine every time a change needs to be made. We have another black and white machine very similar to this one and I can access the settings on that one with no problem. 

I will greatly appreciate if someone can help understand why this option is restricted. I am starting to think it might be related to some sort of license issue.

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Like all of Canon's business class printers, the web UI is protected.  This is a security feature, not a license issue.  You must set up a PIN to access it.  This was likely done by your dealer, or vendor (person) you purchased the device from.  Once set, it cannot be by-passed.  IR devices are not supported directly by Canon, they have a dealer network who does this for them.  Contact your dealer for assistance. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

anoriega
Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I am able to access the we UI interface; it is the specific settings/registration that I am unable to access. So, what you are telling me is that there is a hidden pin somewhere?

dineshkumar
Apprentice

Alright, I just faced the same issue with my machine and I had to do some modifications.

From the copier, if you have access to the administrator login, log in to the same (default pin is 7654321). Go to Settings/Registration and choose Device settings->Management Settings->User Management-Authentication Management->choose Administrator, edit and UNLINK the department ID. Restart the machine, log in to Remote UI. Now you should be able to access Settings without restrictions.

Thank you dineshkumar for taking the time to reply to this problem. I follow you instructions to the best of my understanding, however, I am unable to find an "UNLINK" department ID. As it is visible in the picture the department ID is empty. Unless I am in the wrong screen.CanonSettings.jpg

Hi,

If you could come this far, create a new user for authentication as "admin" set a pin and password but make sure you do not link any id or pin to it. Use that user credentials at the Remote UI login!!

Cheers...

Success!! I am able to get into the Settings/Registration part of the UI. Comparing with one of the other copiers I notice that those have the PIN turn off. I guess is not the best practice, I will make it more secure once I understand the relationship between Password-PIN-ID. For some reason it is still a little cryptic to me. I guess the machine was requiring a PIN that never was set? I don't know...

In any case your last post pointed me in the right path. Thank you very much again! 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

As @dineshkumar points out, there are basically 2 possible scenarios.

You need a PIN to access the remote UI and there is likely a username and password for making system wide changes to settings.  If you know these items, you will have access to both the UI via a web browser and/or directly on the printer's control panel. 

Other profiles can be created and linked to a Dept ID, which might limit access to certain portions of the printer's settings.  We can't speculate on this.  If you are unsure, I would suggest again that you contact your dealer for assistance.  Canon's dealer network is designed to provide this type of support.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements