cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan to email on Canon imagePRESS lite c265

bmoreno
Apprentice

Hello, 

my office uses an imagePRESS lite c265 for most of it's uses. It is able to print and copy without problem, but the scan to email has never seemed to be able to send to emails, (currently, it is sending to a server). 

I have tried some trouble shooting, but nothing seems to end up working. When I try to check the connection to the SMTP, it keeps saying that it is unable to connect. 

Here is what I have tried so far: 

1. Created a Gmail account with 2step verification and an app password which I have used in the authentication process. 

2. Changed the SMTP port to both 587 and 465. 

3. Checked network connections. 

4. checked DNS port. 

Any help would be great! 

2 REPLIES 2

Britteny
Enthusiast

Thanks for joining the conversation, bmoreno!

Canon does not provide direct support for the imagePRESS Lite C265 unit. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

itguybry
Apprentice

Did you ever get this figured out?  Similar issue but for me when the copier has to split the data up due to large size, the pdf's get corrupted and the second part of the scan comes through as text in the email.  Tried personal gmail and business gmail and the same thing happens.  Just did a factory reset and same thing.  

If the scanner doesn't have to split the image, it sends right through with no issues at all.  Canon support already said they won't help so hoping that someone will see this and can assist.  

Announcements