cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware for ImageRunner Advance

AHCIT
Apprentice

Where can I find the latest firmware files for the ImageRunner Advance c350if and c5250? The website does not list any firmware for these products. I was able to do a firmware update on one of the printers by doing a "Delivered Update," but the other printers only have the "Manual Update" option.

Capture.PNG

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AHCIT,

I'm sure you are capable.  The business channel is kept separate from the consumer side.  Canon has a vast network of dealers who service ImageRunner products, as such this network is protected.  If FW is avaialble, you have to get it from an authorized dealer.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello! 

Thanks for posting!

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you!

If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

Thanks for your response, Stephen, but I'm not looking for support. I'm very capable of updating the firmware on these printers. My question is, where can I find the firmware files to be able to update the printers? Usually the firmware files are available on the website along with drivers, but there is no firmware listed. I should not have to go to a dealer to update firmware.

The manual gives the following instructions for updating the firmware:

1. From the portal page of the Remote UI, click [Settings/Registration] → [License/Other] → [Register/Update Software].
2. Click [Manual Update].
3. Click [Browse] → select the firmware to use for the update → click [Next].
4. Click [Yes].
When the message <The firmware is updated. Restart the device.> appears, restart the machine.

Hi AHCIT,

I'm sure you are capable.  The business channel is kept separate from the consumer side.  Canon has a vast network of dealers who service ImageRunner products, as such this network is protected.  If FW is avaialble, you have to get it from an authorized dealer.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

This is very unfortunate, but I appreciate your response and clarification. Simply not listing any firmware for a product is not very helpful.

Thank you!

Announcements