cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 753 ImageRunner Advance DX C357 - attempting to scan to email

Foxtrot
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm at a loss on what to check, currently trying to setup a printer to scan to email for a user. I'm just a help desk person with some experience with networking but little experience with printers. 

Looking it up, 753 is a tcp/ip connection issue where it says to check connection and reboot printer if needed. The printer is not on wifi, it is hardlined in. I've checked the cable, and even found a screen on the printer that allowed me to test connectivity by pinging an IPv4 address. I tested that and it was a successful ping. I've also rebooted the printer.

Before that, we had an 801 error, SMTP issue... I've went in and switched that to port 587 from 25. After that, error 801 disappeared but now 753 has popped up. Because we could successfully ping, I don't feel it's necessarily a connection issue. The IP is statically set, reserved on the DHCP server, and has the correct default gateway, and all that. I checked the "Network Settings - E-Mail/I-Fax Settings" and performed the "Check SMTP Connection" and that connection is where it failed. 

Current settings are:

• SMTP RX: is checked
  • SMTP Server: smtp.office365.com (and yes I looked at their setup guide and found no help)
  • Email Address: noreply @ companyname.com 
  • SMTP TX: 587
  • Allow TLS (SMTP TX): is checked
  • Use SMTP Authentication (SMTP AUTH): is checked
  • User Name: username @ domain .com
  • Password (was entered, is not showing any dots in either password or confirm field after logging back in, not sure if it is supposed to or if hidden for security practices)
  • Allow TLS (SMTP RX): is checked.

Is there anything else that I need to check/verify that anyone knows of? 

[Email address links disabled.]

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Thanks for posting!

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you!

If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements