cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DX C357IF Error #751 when attempting to use the Address Book to send a file using SMB

JGoodacre
Apprentice

I'm assisting a Customer with a Canon ImageRunner Advance DX C357IF > 

When they attempt scan a file to their email address using the Address Book, they get an Error #751

You were unable to send to an SMB server (including the Advanced Space of another imageRUNNER ADVANCE series machine made accessible by SMB), because Windows (SMB) is being used to browse file servers.

When the customer sends the file by specifying a file server using the Browse Key, we do not get an error. While I have a work around, I'd like to figure out what is causing it, so I can find a better resolution. 

Can someone explain, why I get the error when using the address book, but not when I send by specifying the file server using the browse key?

1 REPLY 1

SamanthaW

Thanks for posting!

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you!

If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area! 

Announcements