cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon imageRUNNER iR-ADV C5560 LDAPS not working

Adonist
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm struggling to get our imageRUNNER iR-ADV C5560 to use LDAPS.
We have static IP and DNS configured as per image below:

Adonist_0-1691746264924.png

Both printer and LDAP server are in the same VLAN and have no restrictions to connect to either port 389 or 636 (LDAPS).
For the LDAP server settings we are using the server FQDN for server address instead of IP and for authentication we are using: Use (Security Authentication).

Adonist_1-1691746486026.png

This works fine if we don't use TLS. But if we enable TLS and port 636 we get the following error:
"Could not find the LDAP server. Check the server address settings and the DNS settings."

I've tried to import our internal root CA that issues the certificate for servers (which is what we need to do for most other systems so they know which CA to trust when establishing the TLS connection).

I also tried to enable and disable the "TLS Certificate Confirmation Settings for LDAP Server Access" but still no luck.

Has anyone managed to enable TLS for LDAP Server connection? Any ideas what could be the issue here?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Adonist
Apprentice

I found out the issue after a lot of troubleshooting.
It turns out that RSA was disabled for the Signature Algorithm in the: Network Settings -> TLS Settings

All sorted now.

Adonist_0-1692267633864.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Arthur

Thanks for posting!

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you!

If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

Adonist
Apprentice

I found out the issue after a lot of troubleshooting.
It turns out that RSA was disabled for the Signature Algorithm in the: Network Settings -> TLS Settings

All sorted now.

Adonist_0-1692267633864.png

In case this helps anyone else that arrived here from a Google search like I did, the problem in my instance was that I tried to specify a user account that had a long password of 30 characters. When I shortened it to a the password to 16 characters, it authenticated just fine. I do not know what the maximum password length is, but 16 works.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements