cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless button is stuck

caryn1047
Contributor

I have a new router and need to reset my IP8720 so it can communicate with the new router. Tried once and it didn't work. Went to try again and find that the wireless button is now stuck...I must have pressed too hard when I tried to enter the set up mode the first time. Any suggestions on how to "unstick" the wireless button? It is lit. It just won't pop back out.  

Any other way to set the new router if this darn button doesn't work?

Thanks for any ideas or assistance you may be able to give me.

Caryn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for responding. 

I did manage to pop out the wireless button and was then able to reconnect it. I have happily been using the printer since yesterday.

All is well that ends well. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my dilemma. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

caryn1047
Contributor

Ok. I manage to pop out button, by now set up is not finding the printer.

Greetings,

We are not there to see the issue or determine if the printers controls are damaged.  If the wireless button is broken or damages, you may never be able to get it connected.  

See re-establishing a printer connection after a network change.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-single-function/ip...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for responding. 

I did manage to pop out the wireless button and was then able to reconnect it. I have happily been using the printer since yesterday.

All is well that ends well. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my dilemma. 

Can you tell me how you got it unstuck? Mine is stuck as well, but still lit. Did you just try and move it around until it popped back out?

caryn1047
Contributor

I'm terribly sorry, but this was like 2 years ago and I really don't remember how I got the button to finally "unstick". I now have a new printer and ended up discarding the canon because of other unfixable issues.

Announcements