cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi connection with your pixma 3100 printer and my mac not working

PaulDaniel
Contributor

Hi I have a Mac OS 10.7.5 and am attempting to connect a Pixma 3100 with it wirelessly. I have gone through the installation and it reads that I have a connection but then when I pull the USB cable out, it reads that the printer is offline. What am I missing here?

1 REPLY 1

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi PaulDaniel,

It sounds like the connection you are attempting to print with is across the USB cable, not wireless.  Check to see if any other Canon printers appear in your Print and Scan window.  If so, try a test print with each additional printer.

If you are still unable to print with any of the devices listed in the Print and Scan window, check the network settings on your printer to see if the unit is configured properly.

Press the maintenance button (which appears as a screwdriver and pliers) until the capital letter N appears.  Then press the Color button.  On this printout, you should see your "Connection" method listed as Active or Inactive.  If the connection is active, try the setup again without connecting the USB cable.

If you continue to have issues with the setup, give us a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements