cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF753Cdw Printing from outside of my network

cyberwasp
Enthusiast

I know I can send print jobs from my phone outside of my network. Is it possible to do it from a friend's home pc if I load the printer driver on her PC or is it complicated. I already have a static  ip on the printer! 

This is mainly out of curiosity! TIA

11 REPLIES 11

Hey, I wish I was young again as I used to do this in my sleep. Remember the first printers. They used heated wires to melt a metalic coating off of a paper. Had one of those back before the internet became windows based. I used to share it online with neighbors. Well before wifi.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Cyberwasp,

The printer driver does not support printing outside of your network. The setup for the driver searches the network the computer is connected to. Since the computer is connected to their home network, it would not find your printer. It is possible to connect the computer to your home printer, but it would involve additional network settings on your friend's computer to connect to your home network and find a device. It can get complicated and unfortunately, support would not be able to assist with connecting your friend's computer to your home network through the internet and connecting to the printer.

Announcements