cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF632Cdw Serial Number Rejected for Software Downloads

freddymac
Apprentice

Hi I have a similar problem. I was actually able to register my printer fine in myCanon BUT when trying to download software it rejects the Serial number. My serial number is 8 characters long with first three alpha numeric followed by 5 numbers. I NEED to download the software. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, freddymac!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

dryadsdad
Contributor

My problem resolved without any action on my part. It seems the Canon Web site malfunctions from time to time. I managed to get registered and then d/l the software when I tried the same a week later.

I suggest you continue to try and IMO, sooner or later it'll work fine.

wstidolph
Apprentice

Attempting to D/L fimrware update for MF632C, serial number is required (why??) and then rejected. I'm cutting and pasting 8 directly from printer's screen (WUA18828). The Scan-To_Network folder isn't working, the logs are useless, and so I want to try and update firmware just in case ... I've tried several times over 3 days, no change. (I wonder why I'm in the middle of this - why can't the printer try to do this itself, since it *obviously* has network connectivity in order for me to log into it.)

I've always used the last 10 digits starting from the right, although I've heard from others that the first 10 work also.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi!  You'll find the serial number for your imageCLASS MF632Cdw on the back of the unit.  There's a label back there where it says "No." followed by the serial number and that's the number you'll need.  Hope this helps!

1.JPG

Announcements