cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF465dw not recognized by computer or seen by network

ECastillog
Apprentice

Good morning all

I am going crazy.  I bought a MF465dw printer, scanner and fax about a month ago. 

Tried desperately to install it, download below provided link, but the printer does not recognize my computer, and the computer and network does not recognize the printer.

Hired a professional IT, could not make it work.  Call Canon customer service could not make it work.  And yes, all the fire walls were taken down but still does not work.

Not a cheap printer to have all these problems.

Anyone to offer a solution before I through it in the garbage???

Regards

Evelyn Castillo Gonzalez

4 REPLIES 4

ECastillog
Apprentice

Sorry forgot to include the "recommended" install download.  Here it is

ECastillog_0-1726069578563.png

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Welcome Evelyn,

I'll need a few questions answered to provide assistance.

What operating system version and build are you using the printer with?  (Windows) but which?

How are you connecting the printer, and to what?  USB, Ethernet or Wireless?

Tell us about your network?  Brand and model(s) of hardware.  If using wireless, the printer requires a 2.4Ghz broadcast that supports WPA2/AES encryption.  Issues can arise if you use the same SSID or network name for all broadcasts, or if your networking hardware is set to use WPA3 encryption (only) if backwards combability is not supported.  There are workarounds I can suggest once confirmed.

Are you using any network hardware in addition to what the ISP has provided?  A mesh system for example, your own router, etc?  What is it?

Do you have any 3rd party anti-virus installed?  Something in addition to Windows Security (whats included with windows for example)  

The first thing to focus on is getting the printer connected to your network or computer depending on the connection method used.  Look forward to your reply.

Adding this link as it will be needed later:

Canon Support for imageCLASS MF465dw | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Good day Rick

Thank you for responding.  Please find answers below:

• Windows version = Windows 10
  • Connection  =  Wireless
  • Network = via Spectrum network
  • Router = WiFi 6E Router
  • I have a booster in the office about 2 feet from my computer and printer.  Booster Brand is TP-Link AX3000 WiFi 6 Range Extender 

The IT person that came to install this printer said it was more than enough for the printer to work.  Your, i.e. Canon,  tech support was also said that the printer was connected to the internet because he could see it at his end, but was unable to offer an explanation as to why the computer does not see it

Please advise and thank you for the prompt response.

Evelyn

Evelyn Castillo

If you would like to call rather than text and help with this printer installation, I would be happy to provide my phone number.

I am at my wits end!!! It should not be this difficult.

Announcements