cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF453dw Multicasts from Canon software on UDP 8610

YuriS
Apprentice

Good day.
We have three different Canon MFD installed in our office.
From firewall logs I detected that some original software from Canon (I believe taht this is Canon Scan Utility) installed on most of our worsktations sent multicast requests on each internal IP adress on UDP port 8610 (seems that software is searching for new devices in network). It cause network storm and increase CPU load on our switches.

Canon Multicasts.jpg

My question is - is it possible to disable those multicasts?

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, YuriS!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon models you're using and which operating systems are running on your computers (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Sumer
Contributor

Same here, model is MF453dw.

Please help.

BR

niviteka
Apprentice

Same here. We have more than 20 printers on net, and this traffic make problems.

Please help.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello YuriS,

Unfortunately, there would not be a setting to turn off the broadcasting from the software. In that situation, you can uninstall the the scanner driver or you can click on the icon for the MF network scanner selector in the lower of the computer screen and uncheck the scanner that the software is connected to.

Announcements