cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i-SENSYS MF272dw states that connected, but cannot be seen in the network

sammacwee
Apprentice

Hello, I'm really confused and tired after hours of trying to connect my new i-SENSYS MF272dw printer via Wireless LAN. Printing using cable works just fine. I have used the setting to connect to wireless network: selected the SSID, entered the key, the printer says that it is connected OK. (With wrong password it said cannot connect so I assume, it really succeeded.) In the overview I can see that it got IP 192.168.0.182.

However, when trying to look it up from the computer, it doesn't connect (when added manually using IP, it says the computer cannot communicate with the printer at the moment. I tried to add the printer using the host name, same problem.

When trying to ping the assigned IP from my computer, no success.

When trying to ping my computer IP from the printer menu, no success.

What else can I check? Thanks for any advice.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please start by logging into your router.  View the list of attached devices.  There you will be able to determine if the printer is connected to your wireless network and what IP it has been assigned.  

Following this, reserve or assign this IP to the printer (on the router).  Important step: This will ensure the printer has a static destination assigned and other devices will always be able to find it at this address.  Make note of this address. Once reserved, restart the printer.  You should be able to ping this IP successfully and/or view its webserver in a browser.  

I recommend you not use multiple interfaces to connect the printer.  Pick one.  If you will use the printer with a single computer, USB is fine.  If you want the printer to be useable by other devices on the network, use Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

Now remove the printer from your computer.  Important step, restart your PC.  

Open settings  Bluetooth and Devices , Printers.

Use the Add printer dialog.  Select the device or printer is not displaying, then add manually.

A new dialog will open. Select the radio button Add printer by TCP/IP or hostname.  

Enter the IP you have reserved / assigned the printer.  Windows should do the rest.  

Note, if you have 3rd party antivirus installed, or are using a mesh system in conjunction with your ISPs hardware additional configuration may be required.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

sammacwee
Apprentice

Finally, we have managed to connect the printer. It seems that all that was necessary was to enable Mobile connection (even for connecting from laptops).

Announcements