cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to connect Canon Pixma MG2922 to a *new* wireless network

angelicangela
Apprentice

I just moved to a new apartment and have a new modem/router + wireless network and password.

My Pixma MG2922 was working beautifully on the old network, but now I can't figure out how to connect it to a new network. All of the tutorials that Canon has provided are relating to setting up a new printer, though still I've tried to follow any instructions I could find. I suspect that the issue is that the printer has already been setup and installed, and I need to do things slightly differently to get it to jump onto a new wireless network.

I'm running on a MacBook Pro (Yosemite), having no issues connecting to the internet on any of my non-printer devices, have tried running the Canon IJ Setup tool many times, reset LAN... none of that is working to allow my computer to find the printer wirelessly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If you have a compatible iOS or Android smart device, this initial Wi-Fi connection can be made with our free "Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY" app.   The app is available on the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).    Visit the guides at the following links for instructions:

Set up printer for use on a Wireless Network (iOS)

Set up printer for use on a Wireless Network (Android)

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

neskiier
Apprentice

I am having the same issue trying to connect a Mac Pro thru a combination router/modem to this model and it will not "connect". It was doing fine with the old network(seperate router and Modem). I have gone thru the  setup multiple times to no avail.

Your answer isn't working (not referring to this Mac Pro hardware either).

Bruce Laroche

NickkydadeMarc
Apprentice
I need help to set up my printer

Hi, NickkydadeMarc!

So that the Community can help you better, we'll need to know more details about your problem.  What specific problems are you running into when setting up your PIXMA MG2922?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Dottie65
Apprentice
I have an iphone6s. And a rca tablet android that I am trying to reconnect my printer with.
Pop ups say that I need to connect to new network but nothing I have looked at has worked. I need help please.

Hi Dottie65,

The easiest way to set up your PIXMA MG2922 for wireless use would be to use the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app available from iTunes.  Once installed,  you would be able to set up your PIXMA MG2922 for wireless use using that app.

For more information regarding this app, please use the following link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/canon-print-inkjet-selphy/id664425773?mt=8

To watch the set up process, please view the following YouTube video created by Canon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7mK8PW36wE

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

julian11
Apprentice

did you ever figure this out? I'm having the exact same issue

Qb1frink
Apprentice
Was this ever solved? Have same issue on a and not on a phone. I need advice for a windows based laptop. It’s printed on my printer before so I don’t need drivers. Keeps saying printer is offline

Goody2shz
Apprentice

I know this is really old but I hope this helps someone since Canon knows nothing.  I had my MG2922 set up to connect to my old router name and password.  A few months later, I got a new router with a new name and password.  I couldn't connect the printer because it was still trying to connect to the old router.  I researched for *hours* looking for a solution but came up with a big fat zero.  Finally I decided to go into my new router via my PC to change the name and password to the name and password of my old router.  It worked!  I went back to the Canon Selphy app on my phone, the printer connected to my wifi and only then was I able to find a 'change wifi settings' button.  I tapped on that and the window to enter a name and password popped up.  I quickly ran back to my PC and changed the name and password back to what it was before I changed it.  I opted to do this because I have lots of other devices connected to my wifi and I would have had to go and change every single one of them to the 'new' name and password.  This may not apply to you.  Anyway, I went back to the app on my phone and entered the new name and password.  Then it gave me some bull**bleep** message, so I force closed the app, cleared the cache, opened it up again and successfully sent a document to print.  Yay!!!  I sure hope this helps someone cuz it totally sux that Canon has absolutely no solution.  Their manual is  like a technical document meant for tech experts instead of ordinary people.  

Announcements