cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dll error

techman1956
Apprentice

getting an error for a cnmss.dll not found, the dll is cnmss canon mp495 series printer (local) .dll is either corrupt or missing. I downloaded the canon dll from DLLme free dll files. installed them as instructed, rebooted hp pc and still got the error. i then downloaded drivers and software from canon web site, rebooted pc again and still got the error Problem starting c:\users\brutk\cnmss the specified module could not be found. any help with is issue would be greatly apricated 

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hello,

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.
If you're in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello Stephen,

I have a HP tower running Windows 10. and I am using WiFi to communicate to the printer. The only message I get when i reboot the pc is 'problem starting c:|users\brutk\cnmss  the specified module could not be found'. I checked where the dll file should be ans it is . I downloaded the proper dll file and replaced it in the c:\users\brutko\  location. I rebooted the pc but the same error showed back up. i then went to canon's web site and downloaded the drivers listed for my PM495 (printer/scanner) and I all so downloaded all software for the printer, and installed it. this problem started this morning after i started my PC back up after being away from it for a few days

Announcements