cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Printer Driver Ever?!?!

Canonblowshard
Apprentice

I have almost always exculsively used Epson products since 2000 but am currently stuck 1800 miles from my gear and using an iP7200.

It's quite poor but what makes it UNUSABLE is the supplied driver!

It is IMPOSSIBLE to print an image at 1:1, 100% of original size, print!!!!

Take a look at the print dialogue.

It's doesn't give you an option to print ACTUAL SIZE.

Then after you click on OPTIONS in the lower right corner, you have to click on the, very small, "Printer Properties".

Then crawl to the 3rd tab and whether you choose "Normal Size" (whatever the @%#%& that means) or "Scaled" and pick 100% (as in original, unaltered size), you STILL get a MASSIVE pic.

The image today is 1.4" X 1.2"

I told the software to print it at 100% and got a print out that's  3 3/4" X 4".

To the software geniuses at Canon (I'm assuming you've executed, or at least fired, the winners who whipped this driver up:

WHY have you chosen to utterly cripple this product?!?!

PS: (LUCKILY I copied the above text before uploading the pix because?

Your genius web monkeys decided that inserting images should UTTERLY obliterate any text entered here!

Wow.

I don't even know why I'm posting here.

Clearly hopeless.

CanonBlows1.JPGCanonBlows.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Canon Customer,

It would appear that the application that you are using is overriding the print settings of the driver.  Please try using Easy-PhotoPrint EX v4.7.0 to print your images.  It is a free download, available here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-single-function/ip...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for proving my point.

I've never, in 22 years, had to give up using image handling/editing apps due to a shortcoming with the printer driver.

Your solution: "Quit using advanced image handling software for a consumer level, training wheels app of our devising to mitigate our shiza app."

Hard. Pass.

Nik2018
Contributor

Yes, you are right

Canon software are the worst

Update software make my printer goes bad.

When I installed drivers from CD and start using Canon Printer, everything working great.

I can print any size of paper

I can scan to my 3 computers anytime

I can scan to my multiple Emails with else and quick.

Now, after software update.

I can't Email to anybody

Every time I scan to my computer I have to run to computer to click OK for paper different size ...??

... Why ...? .... I never have to do that before. Every scan are complete and easy

NOW it is NOT ....!!!

I try to deleted everything and start install driver from original CD ... won't help.

... So Sad ...

Nik2018
Contributor

Now canon reused the old drivers and give new date ...!!!

... Why ... ???

I download new driver date 2022 year , BUT it is the same driver of 2020 ...!!

Why canon did this ,  for what ...???

... The is bad and dishonest to customers

Announcements