cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Drivers and Software for PIXMA MG3600

Englishhead
Apprentice

Upgraded my PC to windows 11 and cannot load any drivers, software etc and make the printer available.

Using the full software. After all the pre-limninaries i then :-

1. connect the Printer

2. The system states it can detect the printer and begins process

3. Then it states it is installing it

4. Then it states printer no detected.

I have tried uninstalling everything software, USB etc etc

It does show a Inkjet Multifunction printer in "printers & scanners" but states driver unavailable. I tried to update software and that fails for Canon as well.

Help please as I have a printer that is basically a "brick"

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Englishhead,

Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4. Right click the Canon MG3600 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG3600's are removed.

5. Disconnect the USB cable do not reconnect it until prompted by the installation.

6. Click Close to close that window.

7. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

8. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

9. Click once on "Canon MG3600 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

10. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.

11. Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1. Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

2. Click the Select button next to "MG3600 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 (Windows)".

3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.

4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5. Double click "m68n-win-mg3600-1_01-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted by the installation.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick

Completed all of this up to connect the USB and turn printer on. The software does not detect the printer and eventually shows "cannot detect printer". However windows loads an Inkjet Multifunction Printer which recognizes it as a Canon MG3600 but states driver is unavailable. 

Hi Englishhead! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you are unable to install your Canon PIXMA MG3600 series printer on your Windows 11 computer.

Since the printer is still not being detected when you try to install the driver, I recommend restarting the Windows Print Spooler after you uninstall the printer. Please DO NOT connect the USB cable until the setup program asks you to turn the printer on and connect that cable.

Please follow these steps:

1. Turn the printer off.
  2. If the USB cable is connected, disconnect it and leave it disconnected.
  3. Right-click on the Windows Start icon (the left-most icon in the bar at the bottom of the computer screen) and select RUN from the small menu that opens.
  4. When the Run window opens, type the words <  Control Printers  > in the box and then click on OK.
  5. When the Devices and Printers window opens, right-click on the icon for the MG3600 series printer and select REMOVE DEVICE to delete the printer. If there is more than one copy of the MG3600, delete them all. Once there are no MG3600 series listed, go to the next step.
  6. Close the Devices and Printers window.
  7. Right-click on the Windows Start icon (normally located in the lower left corner of the computer screen) and select RUN from the small menu that opens.
  8. When the Run window opens, delete Control Printers and type the words <  Control Panel  > in the box and then click on OK.
  9. When the Control Panel opens, click on UNINSTALL A PROGRAM or PROGRAMS AND FEATURES.
  10. When the list of programs opens, right-click on the Canon MG3600 series MP Drivers and select UNINSTALL.
  11. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the MP Drivers.
  12. Once the MP Drivers is removed from the list, close the Control Panel.

After the MP Drivers have been uninstalled, please follow these steps to restart the Print Spooler:

1. Click on the Windows Start icon (left-most icon in the bar at the bottom of your screen) and then type the word  <   services    >.
  2. Click on the Services app that appears in the menu.
  3. When the Services window opens, scroll down to find the Print Spooler.
  4. Right-click on the Print Spooler and select STOP.
  5. After the window refreshes (takes a few seconds), right-click on the Print Spooler and select START.
  6. Restart your computer. (Don’t skip this step.)

After your computer has finished restarting, please select and download the MG3600 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 that is 36.69 MB and dated 10/04/21 (listed under Optional Drivers) from the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

When the file has finished downloading, please run it. When the setup program asks you to select a Connection method, please choose the USB option. When the program asks you to turn the printer on, please do that and then connect the USB cable.

It may take a minute or two for the program to detect the printer. If you are still having issues, please make sure that you are using a USB cable that is no longer than 6 feet. The cable does need to be connected directly to a port on the computer (not an external hub). If the program is still having trouble communicating with the printer, please make sure that your computer’s security software is not interfering with the printer detection.  

Should you need to write back, please let us know if you have any security programs running on your computer and if you have checked with the security software manufacturer to make sure it is not interfering with the printer detection. We will also need to know how long your USB cable is and if it is connected directly to a USB port on your computer.

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

Englishhead
Apprentice

The same issue as before. the Cannon software cannot detect the printer yet windows 11 installs an "inkjet multifunction printer with driver unavailable. When I go into it it states it is for a Canon MG3600 series. So it seems that windows can see it but your software cannot. I am running McAfee but turned off both firewall and virus scanner with same results. Are you drivers loaded in windows 11? As they don't seem to be

I am having the same issue. I never had problems before installing windows 11. My other devices are able to print via air print. My windows 11 computers cannot find the printer no matter how many times in uninstall and reinstall. Please update the drivers to work properly with windows 11. Very frustrating. I have my doubts that this issue will be resolved based on what I see above.

Englishhead
Apprentice

I am sorry but I have been sick with Covid so not had a chance to complete any of this. The Canon printer worked with windows before I upgraded to Windows 11. So there is no reason for me to go back to 10 at this stage as I know it works.

To be brutally honest I have been reading about this and so many people are having the issue. It needs someone from Microsoft and someone from canon to talk to one another. Because guess what....Canon blame you and you blame Canon and the customers of both get nothing but finger pointing.

Can someone please escalate this within Canon and Microsoft to sort this crap out because it is getting ridiculous.

Cinbartel
Apprentice

Has anyone been able to install the driver for the MG3620 for Windows 11 yet?

Announcements