cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 does not recognize when Pixma TR150 is connected to WLAN

ph1l1p
Apprentice

My computer does not recognize when Pixma TR150 is connected to my WLAN. This has been an intermittent problem since I first bought the printer a few months ago. Through trial and error, I learned that turning on the printer before turning on the computer solved the problem. Now, however, Windows 10 does not recognise when the printer is online at all, irrespective of which is turned on first.

I have downloaded and run the latest installation software from Canon without solving this problem. Even though the display on the printer shows that it is online, Windows 10 informs me that the printer is offline. For this reason, I cannot even run the Windows 10 troubleshooter.

Is anyone able to tell me how to fix this problem?  

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ph1l1p,

If the connection for the printer is offline on the computer, you can start by checking how the printer is connected to your network by printing the lan details using the steps in the link HERE. If the connection in 3-2-5 is inactive, you would need to try to reconnect the printer to your network. If the signal strength in section 3-2-1 is below 70%, I would suggest moving the printer closer to the router to get a better signal.

Make sure you computer is connected to the same SSID in section 3-2-6 on the print and open a web page. In the address bar, type in the ip address in section 3-2-12 and check if you can get to the web interface page for the printer. If you can't, unplug your router from the power for 5 seconds. Once the router is back up, you can try the address again.

Once you are able to get to the web interface page for the printer, you can try reinstalling the printer setup again to see if the computer can find the printer and connect.

Thanks for the advice. My browsers cannot open the webpage at http://255.255.255.0/ but they can open other webpages.

Otherwise, everything is fine according to your instructions. Summary: I still cannot print on Canon Pixma TR150. 

@ph1l1p wrote:

Thanks for the advice. My browsers cannot open the webpage at http://"255.255.255.0" but they can open other webpages.

Otherwise, everything is fine according to your instructions. Summary: I still cannot print on Canon Pixma TR150. 

That is the subnet mask. You need the IP address of the printer, which will look something like 192.168.??.??, where the ??'s could be 1 through 255. On a typical home network, ?? won't be any higher than 10 or 20, just depends on how many systems are on the network, but it will always start with 192.168.

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
Announcements