cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi connection with Pixma TR8520

GreggN
Apprentice

I recently changed house wifi username and password. Unfortunately, my Pixma TR8520 does not communicate with computers now (printer recognizes computers in the new house but just not password; thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Try manually connecting the printer back to your network by using the steps HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Although this is an older post I am having a similar problem.  I have T-Mobile home internet and recently had my Nokia Gateway replaced by another Updated Nokia in order to try to improve my download speed.  Unfortunately it didn't help in this respect but now my TR8520 will not reconnect.  I had no issues prior to this change.  When I attempt to do a manual setup on the TR8520 it never gives me an opportunity to enter a password.  It was also indicating that it is incompatible with 5G so I setup a 2.4GHz network as well.  As information only, my robot vaccum won't connect either.  I'm seriously frustrated and could use some advice.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Try giving the 2.4Ghz broadcast a unique name.  Don't use the same name as your 5Ghz network.

You can also temporarily disable the 5Ghz broadcast during re-connection.  

Running the printers set up / installation software could also help if the manual connection method doesn't work.  I'd remove the printer first before doing this.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for this Rick.  I did give the 2.4GHz a unique name but that has not been effective either.  I'm considering totally uninstalling the printer and software then starting from scratch. I'm really stumped by the fact that the printer never gives me the prompt for entering a key or password.  Any ideas.

Phil

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Phil,

All the steps you've taken up to this point sound good. Go ahead and remove the printer manually, then uninstall all canon software.

Now reboot.

Now visit the support portal for the TR8520, select downloads, choose your OS and download the latest driver package.

Note, if you are using a third party antivirus application, this can sometimes block printer detection during installation.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements