cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White space around scanned photos

amyjo
Apprentice

My old Pixma MP480 is scanning fine, but how do I get rid of the white space on a photo scan? On the jpeg, the photo ends up in the corner with a ton of white space (the rest of the scanning plate) around it. Can I get rid of that in settings so I don't have to manually crop hundreds of photo scans?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does your scan tool setting have a display similar to this?

Screenshot 2022-01-24 092515.jpg

When I select Auto the scanned PDF is just the 4x6 print I place on the scan surface.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for trying to help me. The scan tool I am using is My Image Garden. It has a menu options for printing, organizing files, ans scanning, but the scanning section is not active, like it doesn't recognize that the scanner is connected to my Mac. I just reinstalled the scanner software, and same thing. Also, there are no scanning options on the scanner menu except for where to store the images.

It may be that the scanner function isn't supported by your version of macOS.

You could try software called VueScan from hamrick-dot-com. They have a free trial.

I have no commercial relationship with them except being a satisfied customer. Their software allows me to use my old Minolta scanner that stopped having factory support with Windows XP. I have recommended it to several folks on the forum that had obsolescence issues and they now have functioning scanners.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I finally figured out that I can use the scanner settings via my Mac instead of the Canon app to be used with the printer. Ultimately, your advide led to the solution, thank you.

Announcements