cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install driver for LBP6230DW on Mac OS 12.3.1

philtate64
Apprentice

Just bought a new ImageCLASS printer (LBP6230DW) and have spent hours trying to get drivers for my OS. The Canon download page doesn't recognize my OS, the configuration app on the CD says the driver can't be installed on my OS. Twenty years ago I would have expected such sloppy work, but I thought we were well beyond that. Does anyone know how to install this printer on a newer Mac with the latest OS? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

SamanthaW

Hello,

We were notified of a technical issue on our website a while ago, and our web team is working to correct it. We will get it back up and running as soon as possible. 

philtate64
Apprentice

Thanks for the response. Can you give me an estimated time frame for the fix?

Hi Again,

We do not currently have an ETA, but they are working as quickly as possible for it to be fixed. 

morriss1
Contributor

I had similar problems with canon not recognizing your software.  Just got an M1 and on the canyon driver and software page went to Lion software.  Downloaded all the drivers for my old Pixma 860 and it worked great.  Had to do that every time I got a new MacOS computer. also try going backward in operating systems until you find the drivers.  Good LUCK

philtate64
Apprentice

Thanks. The next day after my complaint I went back to the web site and was able to download the driver. Now works fine from my computer.

GREAT.  THEY STILL DON'T HAVE UPDATES FOR OLDER MACHINES.  BUT THE PRINTER STILL WORKS GREAT.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements