cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect cannon pixma mx492 to xfinity gateway router

tmare415
Apprentice

I recently update xfinity gateway router and now my Cannon pixma mx492 will not connect to it.  it was connected to the older xfinitiy router.   I've tried everything, following all steps identifed with no luck.  I about to toss the printer, but before I do, looking to see if anyoine had simialar issues and how they resolved.  all my other devices connect seamlessly,

1 REPLY 1

LEI4374
Apprentice

I have the same problem. I moved to a new place with an Xfinity router and I also cannot get my printer to connect. I've heard through the Canon forum that this printer needs a 2.4 GH network to connect however, I also have Xfinity and I don't even know how to separate the networks into two so I can see which one is the 2.4 network so that's really annoying. It would be nice to have this information somewhere or referenced in an owner's manual if this is true. Printer is useless if I cannot get it to connect to the internet because I only print using my phone. Canon is starting to piss me off and I doubt I'll ever buy another product from them because this is absurd. Printer just stopped connecting and you have to pay $19.99 to premium support only to be told to "install a driver". Not the best experience. 

Announcements