cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR4720 won't print large (?) files

AlexB7
Contributor

My specs: XPS8700, Windows 10 at Home, Version 21H2, OS build 19044.2728, Win Feat Exper Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Canon TR 4720, connected by USB, printing only on standard 8-1/2x11 paper, no fancy print options.

Sometimes the printer "freezes" in the middle of printing a page. This seems to be "large files" (e.g., multiple-page all-text files, large PDF files, Word/Excel files with JPGs in them. It says the printer is busy and/or choking on the file. I cancel these print jobs and try again. I have some success by printing only one page at a time.

I have tried everything I could find: (1) restarted the Printer Spooler under Task Manager>>Services, (2) went to Windows>>System 32>>spool>>Printer and cleared the print queue (10-12 files in there), (3) went to services.msc>>PrintSpooler>>Properties and temporarily stopp[ed it, (4) updated driver, (5) ran I/Obit Advanced System Care, and (6) restarted.

None of this has worked. Please help. Thank you very much.

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Fully remove the driver from your computer and once removed, restart your computer. After the restart, click HERE to open the support page for your printer and download/install the TR4600/TR4700/E4500 series MP Driver Ver.1.02 (Windows) files.  After the install try to print again.

If the steps above did not resolve the issue, I recommended reaching out to our support team so we can troubleshoot this issue in real time. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, Arthur.

Was the word "HERE" in your reply planned as a link? It acts like regular text at my end.

I will do the re-install as you recommend. If needed, is it easy to see how to on the Canon website how to contact the support team?

Hi,

I apoligize about the link not coming through. I will update my post if you still need the link. To reach the support team is pretty easy, the link for support options will take you to the Canon account page in which you can create your account and then select the support options. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Arthur, I followed your instructions re registering my printer, and removing the old driver and installing the new one. Sorry to say, this is did not solve the problem. I tried contacting the support team and hit a dead end -- it looks like I need to buy a support plan in order to get support? Is this true, or could you provide a path to chat/live support? 

I'm a one-person business, this is my third Canon computer, the previous 2 worked well for years until the paper loaders died in each one, and now I've put dollars and many hours into trying to make this one work, and on many client projects, having the printer die in the middle of delivering to the client will cost me in hours and stress. If we are at the end of the line, could you please recommend another printer company?

You've been very responsive, I very much appreciate it -- many thanks!

I received an email 4/18 saying I had a reply, but I didn't see anything?

I received an email 4/18 saying I had a reply, but I didn't see anything?

Announcements