cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR4522 turning off and losing wifi connection

zenfnp
Contributor

Hi - I have a 2 week old Canon pixma TR4522. was initially able to set it up to my wireless network with no difficulty on both my MacBook and Windows 10 based computers and have been able to print from each.

My problem is that the printer keeps randomly turning itself off when not used and then when turned back on it has forgotten all of the network settings and so has to be reinstalled each printing session. 

This is obviously very inconvenient and irritating to have to do this each time. My prior Canon printer did not have this issue. Does anyone else know of this issue and have a solution? I'm considering returning the printer while I can still do so, but would rather not have the hassle. 

I'm otherwise very happy with the features, but losing connection/turning off and having to reinstall every session is just too much to deal with

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

After initial set up, the printer should not lose its wireless configuration settings when it is turned off or goes into power save mode.

Eco Mode controls when the printer automatically shuts off.

References:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TR4500%20series/EN/UG/ug-182.html

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TR4500%20series/EN/NTR/ntr_t_05_02_c.html

Your wireless settings retention issue is something else.  Most likely something to do with your network configuration.

Here's what I suggest.  Assign the printer a static IP on your network.  What this does.  Tells your router to give your TR4522 the following (static) or reserved) IP address whenever it tries to connect. 

Other considerations: Does your wireless network use SMART connect (one SSID name) for all wireless broadcasts?  The printer can only connect to a 2.4Ghz  broadcast.  If you use the same network name for all broadcasts, the printer might have problems connecting, and could appear to have "lost" its settings.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I appreciate your response, but I didn't understand a thing you said in those last 2 paragraphs. 

The wifi seems to be holding up so far. 

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements