cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint Connection from CaptureOnTouch V4

alightbourne
Contributor

Hi

I'm trying to configure SharePoint output in the CaptureOnTouch V4 software, I'm trying to connect to a folder on SharePoint Online but I'm having no luck. Can someone show me an example of what the URL should look like?

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Thanks for posting, alightbourne!  So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon product you're using as part of this setup. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

alightbourne
Contributor

Hi Danny,

I'm using the ImageFormula R50 currently connected to a pc via usb. I want to configure several one touch buttons which need configuration to a SharePoint Online folder. But the URL's I have tried aren't working.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'm afraid this request goes beyond the scope of the Canon forum.  What you need to do is open the SharePoint or Teams site.  Open the document library.  Select New and Link from the context menu.  Site permissions and a user account may also need to be set.

shadowsports_1-1683776763597.png

If this is a M365 tenant, Microsoft has support for this.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jersey_paul
Apprentice

Hi
I am also interested to know if anyone has got this working.  Purchased a batch of DR-S150's, that claim to do this.  However, the tool with the SharePoint plugin does not even attempt to connect to SharePoint Online.

This isn't a Microsoft issue, from the sales description of the device it states "scans directly to the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, Quick-Books Online, Evernote, SharePoint, and more)".

Incidentally, the instructions above are for embedding a link in a Sharepoint Site.  Like the OP above, be interested to see the format of a working link.

The expected  https: // TENANTNAME. sharepoint. com / sites / SHAREPOINTSITENAME does not even hit the logs on the tenant.

Regards

Paul

[Spaces added to URL example so that your browser doesn't mistake it for a real link.]

I've had to create OneDrive shortcuts and set the destination from there.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its not for embedding a link.  When you are in the documents library (example sharepoint), or folder (example drive, dropbox, etc) you create a link to the destination.  This link become the One-Touch destination.  The user permissions have to be set so the credentials allow view, edit, etc.  This way you can write or upload a supported document or file type to the destination folder or library.   

It is similar to scanning to a folder on a PC locally.  The path tells the scanner where to send the output.  In the case of a web destination, the URL you specify tells the scanner where you send the file.  In this case, its a folder or library in sharepoint, drive, drop box, etc. 

You must be using the "Pro" version of Capture On Touch

Canon Knowledge Base - What optional plug-ins are available for CaptureOnTouch Pro version?

SharePoint Plug In Details:

Canon Knowledge Base - Microsoft SharePoint Plug-in Detail Settings

shadowsports_0-1701359730413.png

shadowsports_3-1701360136064.png

Hope this helps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

canonpdx
Apprentice

Keen to establish if the CaptureOnTouch Sharepoint connector can just use the OS credentials.  Our cyber team would fire us if we hard coded a login and password on a PC.  

click here to view the gallery
Announcements