cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send from Email failing with Exchange 365

hallz10
Apprentice

We have both D1620 and MF644Cdw printers. Both have nearly identical network user interfaces. We have an Exchange 365 user/mailbox dedicated for these printers, which used to work.  MFA is disabled for this user so as to allow the printers to login on this account. However in the last few months, users typically receive errors when sending with an authentication error.  I have verified (and reset with new) password several times to no avail.  I have also tried using SendGrid's email relay, but this does not work because my understanding is the Canon password field will not take a password as long as the API keys are. 

Anyone else have this issue or have a workaround for using Canon send via email with M365?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Closing the loop here: after a bit more research, I was able to use the following settings.

Specifically, setting the SMTP server in the Canon software to that found in the Microsoft admin center under Settings > Domains > MX record. After doing so, you also need to specifically include the static IP from the printer location in your SPF record within your DNS. Screenshots below:

2022-12-22_09-51-45.png

2022-12-22_09-55-15.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

My first inclination would be a setting such as enabling START/TLS, but it could also be incorrect SMTP settings, or port specified, etc.

I've been having issues with SendGrid's new API as well.  Not Canon related, these are on a bunch or HP's that worked forever and have now stopped.    

You'll need to provide more information about the environment, acct and the settings you are using.  Are you getting an #806 error or???

The more information you provide, the easier it will be for us to try and help/  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Closing the loop here: after a bit more research, I was able to use the following settings.

Specifically, setting the SMTP server in the Canon software to that found in the Microsoft admin center under Settings > Domains > MX record. After doing so, you also need to specifically include the static IP from the printer location in your SPF record within your DNS. Screenshots below:

2022-12-22_09-51-45.png

2022-12-22_09-55-15.png

Announcements