cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Settings in Print Studio Pro

AnneK60
Enthusiast

I have had an issue with saving print settings in PSP through many iterations of Photoshop and it is driving me crazy. I am on a mid-2015 MacBook Pro running Big Sur 11.3.1. I am using Photoshop 2022 v. 23.1.0, with Print Studio Pro v. 2.2.5. PSP is working just fine. My issue is that I do not understand how to save settings. Saving/Registering has never worked for me. I print a lot of greeting cards. I set up everything the way I want it and then save/register it and name it. When I come back into the program and click my saved setting nothing happens. I have to start all over. I finally wrote everything down the way I want it but I have to re-enter it every time. And, it keeps asking to register. I click on apply after a name of one of my saved settings and it asks me to register. I note that there are two spots for saved setting (I think). The box at the top says "My Settings." Under Layout there is a field for registered Layouts. I set it up in both but it is the Layout that is causing me the problems. It looks like the Print Setting Tab and Color Setting Tabs are holding. I cannot figure out how to save the Layout Tab. Should it be saving all my settings?

It is fine if I am doing the same thing over and over, but if I have another print job between one greeting card and the next one I can't get back to the saved setting. They continue to take on the profile of the print job in-between. I expect this whole process should work like a preset only it doesn't. Any help would be much appreciated.

23 REPLIES 23

AnneK60
Enthusiast

I forgot to mention my printer is a Canon Pro-10.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have similar configuration to you, except MacBook Air and Monterey.

The saving works for me.

Do you cycle the My Settings display by clicking on the dropdown arrow. I need to do that to get the saved setting to display.

Print Studio Pro 2022-01-19 16-32-37.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have Pro-100.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

No. Mine is always expanded. I have attached a screenshot. Am I supposed to hit the apply button? When I do that it when it tells me to register. And, I have done that a zillion times. On the Layout tab I need the Position-Top to be -.125. I have to offset the image on the card to get it to center. It will not save with the settings.Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 4.01.46 PM.png

You do need to select Apply. 
I will try later with the offset you described. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Why when You hit apply does it say register to the right. Your screen shot shows it with “test” which is highlighted in orange now. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try this:

1. when you adjust the margins the way you want you should see the name in Registered Layouts change to Custom.

2. select the "+" icon just below the box and give it a name that you want.

3. up in My Settings select Register and give it a name.

That layout gets saved in that dropdown. It even generates a little icon that looks like the layout.

Image to follow.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Print Studio Pro 2022-01-19 19-00-36.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

That does not work for me. Once I move away and click on another saved setting that setting is gone. I saved it as "offset," navigated to another setting in My Settings (my card setting without the offset), and although "offset" was in the dropdown box it defaulted back to "0."

Announcements