cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MX922 Prints but can't scan

ebenecke
Contributor

can print from new MX922 over wireless network but cannot scan to iMac OSX10.6.
Options

‎03-30-2015 08:41 PM
This is a post I made yesterday; I will try your solution; I used to be a Network Adminstrator, installed computers, printers, software, servers for instructional computer labs - this IS THE WORST setup I've ever encountered. Still struggling with it, should not be this difficult; have managed to get it to work from the computer, but not from the scanner!
New MX922, printing over wireless network from 2 computer but cannot scan. The screen on the printer shows send to "PC Local USB" How do I change that to the wireless network?
3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi ebenecke,

You will need to have the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX running on your Mac in order to scan wirelessly.  To ensure it is running, please go to the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Network Scanner Selector EX folder, then Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX icon.  More information on scanning wirelessly can be found here.

Should you still experience difficulty scanning wirelessly, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

spangelork
Apprentice

I had to switch my printer over from using the wireless conection to using a USB. I can print but I can't get the program to reconize the USB conection for the scanner. 

Hi, spangelork.

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements