cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional Print & Layout tutorial availability

Buzzardbob
Apprentice

Hi all

I just downloaded the drivers and the Print and Layout software on my brand new IMAGEGRAF PRO 300. I am using a recent model MacBook PRO  16"computer with Sonoma 14.3.1 OS

In my 86th year, I have decided to print all of my work both black and white and color to put into boxed sets for sale by my gallery. I want to get the most quality wise that I can from the printer

My questions

1. Can I do this using the Print and Layout Program. If yes where are the best tutorials for that? If no are there any suggestions about where to start this project. I have an extensive background in analogue black and white and color printing instruction on a college level so I will be very demanding of myself to make these prints as accurate as possible.

I have Photoshop 2024 and Lightroom CC which I want to connect to the printer and will send another question later

Thanking you all in advance for any much needed advice

Buzzardbob

2 REPLIES 2

baryta4ever
Contributor

The Canon tutorials that I've stumbled across are not very helpful. The software is pretty robust but with that it can be complicated and it really isn't intuitive. This is the best tutorial I've come across. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPSDlox3sMg&t=1192s

Good luck. Sounds like a fun project.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Buzzardbob wrote:

Hi all

I just downloaded the drivers and the Print and Layout software on my brand new IMAGEGRAF PRO 300. I am using a recent model MacBook PRO  16"computer with Sonoma 14.3.1 OS

In my 86th year, I have decided to print all of my work both black and white and color to put into boxed sets for sale by my gallery. I want to get the most quality wise that I can from the printer

My questions

1. Can I do this using the Print and Layout Program. If yes where are the best tutorials for that? If no are there any suggestions about where to start this project. I have an extensive background in analogue black and white and color printing instruction on a college level so I will be very demanding of myself to make these prints as accurate as possible.

I have Photoshop 2024 and Lightroom CC which I want to connect to the printer and will send another question later

Thanking you all in advance for any much needed advice

Buzzardbob

" Can I do this using the Print and Layout Program"

Yes, but you do not need PP&L. You can print directly from Lightroom or Photoshop, whichever you are more comfortable with.

If you want to use PP&L Canon has an online manual that you can use.

Canon : Manuals : Professional Print & Layout Guide

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
click here to view the gallery
Announcements