cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with MF Scan Utility v.1.20.0.2 driver software on Windows 11 - MF741cdw

RckyMtnd
Apprentice

I have 3 computers with the Canon MF Scan Utility v.1.20.0.2 installed on for the IC MF741cdw printer. Each computer is Windows 11 and is showing the following error:

Warning: the maximum number of computers that are monitoring the device has been exceeded. Polling to the device will be stopped...

The warning seems to pop up on the user's screen randomly. When I looked up the warning on Canon support website, it gave me a generic response saying you can only connect to the printer with 10 PC's, so to fix, change one the 11th computer to not connect the printer over the network. OK, no problem, but I'm only using 3. I get the error more frequently on the last two computers I installed the driver on. The first computer doesn't show the warning as much.

This is the Canon support page I referenced above:
https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART133534

Anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello RckyMtnd,

If you are getting that message and you only have 3 computers on your network, you can try power cycling the router that is connecting all of the devices. Once the network is back up, you can try scanning again to see if the error clears. If the error does not clear or if you continue to have the same issue, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

RckyMtnd
Apprentice

Hi Hector,

No, that didn't help.  I'll contact support.

Thanks

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I noted the KB article you are referencing does not list the MF741cdw specifically.  I'm trying to understand the issue better.

Is the issue you are experiencing related to polling status, toner levels, readiness, etc, or are you only allowed to have up to 10 computers registered as Scan to Destinations?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements