cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ts3522 Can't Get It to Connect

Young21967
Apprentice

Just bought this and can't get it to connect.  I have a Arris Surfboard, 2.4/5G, and have s[ent the last 4 hours trying to get it (the printer) to connect to either of my laptops.  I just found out that it will now work with 5G, but can't find any info on how to link in wireless to the 2.4G of my router.  Any help would be appreciated by me, my wife, and the printer that's very close to getting a sledge hammer being used to strike any key.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer only has a 2.4Ghz radio, it cannot connect to a 5G broadcast.

Hi-Speed USB
Wireless PictBridge
Wi-Fi® (802.11b/g/n wireless networking, 2.4 GHz)
Wireless Direct Connection (Access Point Mode Only)

I suspect you might be using the same SSID name for both of your wireless networks?  This can confuse devices that only support a single band (2.4Ghz) in this case.

Log into the Arris (it should use) 192.168.100.1 and temporarily disable the 5G broadcast.  Now verify that the printer is connected to the 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast.  Test printing.  Once complete, you can re-enable the 5G broadcast.

Note, if you have other network devices present, mesh system, extenders, etc, the IP of your gateway (arris) (192.168.100.1) might be different.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements