cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer says its connected to another computer.

courtneydreiman
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a MX490 Pixma printer that will not let me print anything because it says it is connected to another computer. I have Windows 10 on my computer. I have made sure its not connected to my macbook in anyway. Could someone help?

Thank you!

-Courtney

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BillS
Mentor

Hi courtneydreiman,

Restarting the print spooler often resolves this issue.

• Make sure your printer is turned on.
  • Hold down the WINDOWS KEY on your keyboard and then tap the "R" key. This will cause a box to open on your screen.
  • Type "services.msc" into the box and then click Enter.
  • After a few seconds another box will open with a list of services.
  • Scroll down to "Print Spooler."
  • Right-click "Print Spooler" and select "Stop." A small progress box will appear for a few seconds and then vanish.
  • Right-click "Print Spooler" again and select "Start."

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

BillS
Mentor

Hi courtneydreiman,

Restarting the print spooler often resolves this issue.

• Make sure your printer is turned on.
  • Hold down the WINDOWS KEY on your keyboard and then tap the "R" key. This will cause a box to open on your screen.
  • Type "services.msc" into the box and then click Enter.
  • After a few seconds another box will open with a list of services.
  • Scroll down to "Print Spooler."
  • Right-click "Print Spooler" and select "Stop." A small progress box will appear for a few seconds and then vanish.
  • Right-click "Print Spooler" again and select "Start."

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements