cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Connection to WiFi

lukasik
Apprentice

I'm using Mac OS Monterey version 12.2.1 and an MX922 Canon printer. The printer keeps getting disconnected from my WiFi network. I have to reconnect the printer to the network at least once every other day. Why does this keep happening?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Very difficult for us to say why your printer is "disconnecting" from your wireless network.  Maybe you can tell us more about your environment.  Equipment, printer's proximity to the router, etc. 

Things to avoid:

Signal strength - printer is beyond the broadcast range of the router, broadcasting through obstructions.  Network configuration, using single SSID name for 2.4Ghz/5Ghz broadcast.   

Suggestions:

The printer can only connect to a 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast

Assign the printer a static IP address.  Verify the router is consistently providing the same IP to the printer.  This can be checked on the router's admin portal, pinging the printer using Terminal, and/or using a web browser to view the printer's web server.

Since you are using a MAC, you can remove "-" then re-add the printer to Apple menu > Printers and Scanners "+", using its IP address.  

shadowsports_1-1646116298206.jpeg

shadowsports_0-1646116266627.jpeg

shadowsports_2-1646116359530.jpeg

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

lukasik
Apprentice

It seems to have been fixed by plugging it into a wall outlet rather than a power strip. Also using the MAC driver instead of Canon's.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements