cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro installation problem

Richie_K
Apprentice

Hello all,

I'm new to this body so please be patient. A pixma Pro-100 printer was recently donated to me (😁) and I have successfully connected it to my system and downloaded the driver. I have actually produced a print from it. I'm now trying to install the plug-in "Print Studio Pro" but am continually getting the error message shown below:

Screenshot (3).png

Now, I know for a fact that PS is installed on my system as I have an Adobe Creative Cloud account. The Print Studio Pro installer downloaded without any issues. No Windows apps were running when I tried to install Print Studio Pro. Anybody have any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

I'm using a Dell XPS-13 with a Windows 11 (home) operating system.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Follow these instructions:

Canon Knowledge Base - How to install Print Studio Pro - or if Print Studio Pro Not Showing After In...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Follow these instructions:

Canon Knowledge Base - How to install Print Studio Pro - or if Print Studio Pro Not Showing After In...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Richie_K
Apprentice

Yep, that did it. Don't know why the installer couldn't find the appropriate folders though.

Thank you.

@Richie_K wrote:

Yep, that did it. Don't know why the installer couldn't find the appropriate folders though.

Thank you.

Adobe changed where plugins go for later versions of Ps. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

commonthings
Apprentice

Print Studio Pro "printer supported by this software is not found" problem MacOS solution.

For the MaccOS the Canon print driver installer automatically installs only the Airprint version which does not work with Print Studio Pro.  I finally found an alternative way to install the proper driver using the Canon utility "Device Management Console".  As follows:

Open Device Management Console (found in the Canon Utility folder.) The printer should show up in the window as well as the Connection: IP Address number.

Choose Manage Printer from the File menu.

At the bottom left of the Printer Management window choose Add Printer.

In the Add Printer window chose Auto (IPv4/IPv6) from the Search Method popup menu. Click "Search".

Check the printer box with the IP address in the list (either or both might work.)

Click "Add" at the bottom right of the window.

Try opening Print Studio Pro in Photoshop to verify yoru success!

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 9.58.21 AM.png

Announcements