cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro crashes in Photoshop 2021 on Windows 10?

RichPate
Enthusiast

I installed PSP in Photoshop's "Plugin" folder and it shows up under "Automate" in Photoshop as it should.

But when I open an image to print and then attempt to run PSP, the plug-in's window opens for about 10 seconds while the loading icon spins, then it disappears. No error message, just gone.

I am running the latest Window's 10 update and the latest Photoshop 2021 ver. 21.1.1. Anyone else having this problem?  Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

Thanks John. May try that. The following checks out:
Checked printer status with few more things relative to Windows 10.

In Windows Printers & Scanners, the Canon is detected and I can print a test page, as before when I originally installed the drivers on 12/23/20.

Driver Version is indicated as 3.60.2.20.

In Windows “Hardware Properties,” printer’s “Device Status” is indicated as “This device is working properly.”

When running “Run the troubleshooter” the response “Troubleshooting could not identify the problem” resulted from the test.

Looks like the problem may be an incompatibility with Photoshop 2021.

Well, I uninstalled PSP; cleaned the registry via CCleaner (neat app); and re-installed PSP -- but same problem. I am beginning to think that there may be a problem with the installed Canon drivers. 

When trying to use the Photoshop printer dialogue, once I hit Print I got the following error message:

“The saved printer information is not compatible with this version of Photoshop, or the saved printer is no longer available. You will need to check your printer settings before printing.”

@RichPate wrote:

Well, I uninstalled PSP; cleaned the registry via CCleaner (neat app); and re-installed PSP -- but same problem. I am beginning to think that there may be a problem with the installed Canon drivers. 

When trying to use the Photoshop printer dialogue, once I hit Print I got the following error message:

“The saved printer information is not compatible with this version of Photoshop, or the saved printer is no longer available. You will need to check your printer settings before printing.”

Is firmware updated to latest (3.0.1.0) from the Canon support site?

Maybe delete the driver(s) and use Ccleaner again.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John. Yes, I updated the firmware when I installed the drivers five weeks ago.

I may try to call Canon tech support and see if they can walk me through the proper installation of the drivers after i un-install them and run CCleaner again.
Announcements