cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro crashes in Photoshop 2021 on Windows 10?

RichPate
Enthusiast

I installed PSP in Photoshop's "Plugin" folder and it shows up under "Automate" in Photoshop as it should.

But when I open an image to print and then attempt to run PSP, the plug-in's window opens for about 10 seconds while the loading icon spins, then it disappears. No error message, just gone.

I am running the latest Window's 10 update and the latest Photoshop 2021 ver. 21.1.1. Anyone else having this problem?  Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

robnich
Enthusiast

I am running Photoshop 2121, v.21.1.1 on an updated Windows 10 PC, and Print Studio Pro 2.2.3 opens and functions normally.

Robert N.

Interesting robnich. I wonder, does PSP depend upon Canon's printer driver to open?

@RichPate wrote:

Interesting robnich. I wonder, does PSP depend upon Canon's printer driver to open?

I can't answer that with confidence, but I wouldn't think so. I don't normally use PSP as I don't see that it adds any functionality that I can't achieve with Photoshop and the Canon print driver. I did open PSP and configure a test print with it just to see if your "crash" scenario was replicated, but PSP functioned normally.

Did you try restarting your computer to see if PSP will open normally after that?

Robert N.

Thanks Robert. I did restart and lauched Photoshop. PSP did the same thing when trying to print an image. Plugin window appeared for about five seconds as it tried to load, and then disappeared.

I have tried unintstalling and then reinstalling, but same problem. PSP is working fine on my Mac, but not in Windows 10.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What printer do you have RichPate?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have the PRO-1000.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Did you try the Professional Print and Layout software?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I just tried it since it was installed along with PSP. The plugin loaded and I went with its default settings, and hit "Execute." A PPL window appeared saying "processing" and then disappeared. Then PSP tried to launch, appearing for about five seconds, and then disappeared as before. Nothing printed. No error message. No indication of print jobs waiting in que.

You could try uninstalling both those Canon apps and then download and run free Ccleaner app to clean the registry.

I had a problem with Canon DPP once that wouldn't resolve itself despite multiple installs and uninstalls. Ccleaner registry cleaner fixed it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements