cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma ix6820 can't set up wifi with Starlink.

ItsKim
Apprentice

I have spent so much time on this! The Starlink router does not have a button to push. Is this the only way to set up the wifi? There's no screen on the printer to physically enter the SSID. How do I make this thing work on the wifi??

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Set up and wireless configuration is performed using software.

Visit this page:

Canon Support for PIXMA iX6820 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Select Set Up Install, then expand wireless help, then Wireless printing.

Here you will find detailed instructions for initial set up, or set up after switching to a new router or access point.

Software installer for windows:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNTc2MDAy&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

For MAC:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAxMTUzOTAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Keep in mind the printer will only connect to a 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast.  5GHz is not supported.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

This just gives me the exact same steps. It says to make sure the access point button is ready to be pushed. I don't have a button on my router. This is so frustrating! 

I'm not a tech, but I understand starting from scratch may solve your problem. Just click this link and follow the steps: canon.us/ijsetup

I did that. The steps are exactly the same. It wants me to push a button on my router but my router doesn't have one. There is no way to access the printer menu to enter anything manually. I'm really regretting this purchase!

Hello Kim, were you able to solve this problem?

@ItsKim wrote:

I did that. The steps are exactly the same. It wants me to push a button on my router but my router doesn't have one. There is no way to access the printer menu to enter anything manually. I'm really regretting this purchase!

The instructions tell you to press the wireless button on your printer.

Then to run the printer's software installation utility (link I provided above).  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@dalerobinson,

If you are attempting to install this printer, please follow the steps I provided above, choosing the link for your OS, windows or MAC.  Your computer will need to be connected to the same network you want to connect the printer to.

When ready, turn the printer on.  Press and hold its wireless button until the power light flashes twice.  Now run the installation utility following the prompts for wireless setup.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements