cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP8720 Firmware Update - password

wtripp08
Apprentice

I just updated my firmware from 1.8 to 2.0 and when it was complete it wants a username and password for administration.  I have no idea what this might be since I had never set one.  Any ideas on what the default it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The password was the serial number... finally found that on the Knowledge Base.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi wtripp08,

You can use the IJ Network Tool to change the password if it not known.

Please follow the steps from this page of the manual:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/NetworkTool/W/3.4/EN/NWT/nwt_settings0700.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick,  When I try to change it the program asks for the old password.  That's the one I never set and I have no idea what it got set to after the firmware upgrade.

No matter what I try to do within that tool it wants the current password.  Even if I try to do a Factory Reset it wants the Admin password.  UGH!

Hi wtripp08,

You can try resetting your PIXMA iP8720 to the default, but please note, by doing so, you will have to reconnect your printer to your wireless network.

To reset your printer, please press and hold the RESUME/CANCEL button, then release the button when the POWER lamp flashes white 9 times:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/iP8700%20series/EN/NTR/ntr_trouble0800.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The password was the serial number... finally found that on the Knowledge Base.

Is there a default username?

EDIT: It ended up being ADMIN all uppercase. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements