cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 won't connect to wireless

thfrieden4
Apprentice

My Canon Pixma MX922 won't connect to my wireless connection. All my other wireless devices are working properly. This is the same wireless connection the printer has been on for a year. I can't get it to connect to my hot spot either. It detects the wireless but won't connect. I get the "Connecting to access point..." message for a long time and then it times out. Help! 

22 REPLIES 22

snapfish02
Apprentice

It is setting the correct code in the printer to the correct type of wireless link.  I too my time and realized that a computer re-boot and check my modem codes before entering them correctly in the printer.  I did get frustrated initially but it does work.

Benibiker
Contributor

I had the same problem and finally found a solution.  In the printer user manual it says WPA/WPA2 encryption method on your router is not supported by this printer.  You'll have to go into your router as administrator and change the WPA version to just WPA2 if yours is set to WPA/WPA2 or WPA2/WPA3.  Afterwards go back and do the WAN setup on the printer again, find the router name, click OK, in the next step only one option is highlighted, it shows some address or something, click it and it will then ask for the password!  Enter it and you are good to go!

Mine is already in WPA2! It always was. Any other tip you think can help with this issue!? It worked fine last week! 

Announcements