cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3520 setup app needs updating ...

ClaireM
Apprentice

(COPIED FROM PRIOR POST - SAME ISSUE) I upgraded my internet and have to reconnect all my wireless devices. I attempted to do so for my MG3520 and am receiving the following error:  "Setup" needs to be updated.

The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

(MINE).  I am running macOS Monterey Version 12.6

The printer was working just fine with my Mac prior to switching to a new modem.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I see official drivers for OSX 11 Big Sur. Cups and ICA drivers.  Nothing specific for Monterey.

You can try running the Big Sur installers, they may or may not work.  You may get the printer to work with limited functionality without drivers.  You can use the IJ Network Utility.  This printer is nearly 10 yrs old now.

Canon Support for PIXMA MG3520 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

shadowsports_0-1674172552444.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you I'll try both but will most likely buy a new printer.   I had no idea it was that old.  Time flies - especially when things work!  

Announcements