cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon MX340 changing wifi password is a NIGHTMARE

Scorpion21
Contributor

I had xfinity come and install new modem for my internet and they changed the wifi password and wifi name. I am needing to print something and figured oh no problem ill just have to change the password and my printer will work. WRONG i been trying to figure out how to change the password for my wifi in printer setting for HOURS now. 

The name of my new wifi is slightly different and when i select it in the menu it immediately goes into connecting  not promoting me to enter a password. When i select my neighbors wifi it asks for passphrase but with mine just goes to connecting and fails. 

I reset the lan settings and even tried reset printer setting and it still does the same thing. Out of sheer desperation I even looked up online on how to hard rest the printer and hard reset it with holding on button and pressing stop 5 times and turning it on and it went through all this reset motions   and when i tried to connect to my network SURPRISE SURPRISE it still somehow remembers my network and straight to connecting it goes.

The most FRUSTRATING thing about this whole thing is that ive tried googling the issue and this issue has persisted for 5+ years and here it is 2022 and the issue is still there with people posting the same thing wondering how to change their wifi password on their cannon printer with multiple different printer models too. How a multi billon dollar company could not realize that people may want to change the wifi password from time to time and make it simple is beyond me. That would be like a car company making it IMPOSSIBLE to change a tire on their car or something...At this point ive lost all hope of getting the answer here becasue ive read through multiple threads of other people posting this exact same thing over the years and the threads usually lead to nowhere or with  people having to go through extreme measure to fix the issue. 

I guess ill just have to head to the store and get a Epson or something 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scorpion21
Contributor

I was able to FINALLY connect the printer with the WPS setting. Luckly there was a button on back of my xfinity modem/router that allowed me to connect the printer this way but if you dont have this option i feel sorry for you i really do. Changing a wifi password for printer should not be this hard. 

Best of luck to all of you. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scorpion21
Contributor

I was able to FINALLY connect the printer with the WPS setting. Luckly there was a button on back of my xfinity modem/router that allowed me to connect the printer this way but if you dont have this option i feel sorry for you i really do. Changing a wifi password for printer should not be this hard. 

Best of luck to all of you. 

mthompson6414
Contributor

Yeah, absolutely ridiculous... multiple printer models and lines have this same issue and Canon is offering no support or options, especially if you don't have WPS as an option.  

Announcements