cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2922 lost WiFi

Stingrae71
Apprentice

My MG2922 has been working fine and suddenly is not recognizing my WiFi. I have not changed any hardware or software and have not moved any equipment yet the printer shows 0% strength when I review the network setup. I print from iPad with Canon Print.

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS and which version). How are you connecting? Error messages? Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. The forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

Stingrae71
Apprentice

OS is IOS. Connecting via wireless. Everything was working and suddenly quit. Nothing has changed configuration wise. When I tried to reconnect, after going through the wizard, I get an error that states cannot connect to printer check you network. So I printed the network settings for. The printer (hold stop for 15 blinks) and it says 0% percent signal strength when it was 90% before. Nothing has moved, nothing has changed.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The behavior you are describing indicates the printer is not connecting to your wireless network.  I understand nothing has "changed" which you are aware of.

Please watch this video and perform the steps for Cableless set up with an iOS device.

If you run into problems, please tell us what happens of what errors you are seeing.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank. Already been through this process. And when I says nothing has changed, I mean it quite literally. Same iOS, all hardware still in same location and router has same firmware. It worked fine until this past Monday then just quit. So what I’m looking for is what could have went wrong.

1001Maddy
Apprentice

I was having the same type of problem on both iPhone and iPad. I spent a total of 3 hours trying to print. 
I did all the setups multiple times without success. The ONLY 2 things I did at the end was to close Bluetooth on my iPhone and then I clicked on the tiny printer icon in the upper left corner of the main page in the app. This worked but I have no idea why. 
Next purchase will not be a Canon. It seems like every time the app is updated, something goes wrong. In this day and age of internet etc printing should be one of the easiest functions!

Announcements