cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2920 won’t connect to phone or laptop

JackiieGonzalez
Apprentice
Hello,
I’ve been trying to connect my Pixma MG2920 to my phone and Mac. I’ve had this printer for years and was working fine with my windows but I’ve recently moved and have a bee router and laptop.
I can’t connect it to none of them. When I try to download the setup guide for my printer on my Mac I get a message saying that the program is too old and needs to be updated by canon, my Mac runs on Catalina 10.15.7. When I try to connect it to my phone I can’t get past the step where I have to check one or more on the list. I’ve tried everything that the list has from restarting my printer and phone to turning all my wireless devices off.

Is there anything else I can’t do?

Can I buy a cable to physically connect my printer to my Mac or is that not gonna solve anything?
1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JackiieGonzalez,

You can use a USB cable to connect your PIXMA MG2920 to your Mac.  The type you would need is an "A to B USB cable" or "Printer USB cable"

In regards to connecting your PIXMA MG2920 to your wireless network, please try using the WPS method:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Tutorial/MG2900%20series/EN/TRL/trl-3000.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements