cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3122 Network Key was Reset/Updated

OtisNJay
Apprentice

Hi

I have a Canon Pixma TS3122 for Windows. I've recently changed the Key/Password on my network. But I'm very surprised that I was not able to find any information as to how I would update that info within the Canon TS3122. The initial wireless setup work just find when I first purchased the printer with wireless setup including the key at that time.  But now I need instructions as to how I would update the new key within the printer. Note... I do not want to use WPS. I want the printer to be secure by way of requiring the Key/Password that was updated within the network. Has anyone out there experienced this before?  Would you be able to help me with this?

Please note it is my Laptop where I am having trouble updating the Network Key. The setup process is skipping over this particular area thus... I get the Failed to Connect error message.

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since the printer was already installed, you can use the Canon Print Inkjet Selphy app to reconnect the printer using your updated password. You can use the app on a Android or iOS device that is connected to your wifi network. Please click HERE for the steps you will need to setup the printer and then scroll down and select the link for either Android or iOS instructions. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Arthur J thank you for responding. 

In reading your reply, I realized I left out some important info. First note... I do already have the Canon Print Inkjet Selphy app on my Android phone. It is my laptop where I'm having trouble loading the printer via Wi-Fi. When I go thru the setup process, the window where I would enter the network key does not show. The process skips over that. And then I get the Failed to Connect error message. So the printer is still stuck with the old key from where it was first setup. This is where I'm having trouble finding information that will help me to update the key within the printer. 

Hi,

With the print app on your phone, you will want to remove the printer and then add the printer back. This should start the wireless setup on the app again which would allow you to enter the wifi password. 

Is this a situation in which you can print from your Android using your app and not able to print from the computer? 

We look forward to your reply. 

I can print from my Android phone okay. But for my laptop computer I can't get the setup process to reload the printer software via Password Protected WiFi sucessfully. My issue begin after I changed my wifi network password. 

Hi,

When you run the installer on your Windows computer, are you running the full driver and software file or just the TS3100 series MP driver? 

We look forward to your reply. 

OtisNJay
Apprentice

Full driver and software.... using the same method as I used from when I first bought the printer... directly from the CD that came with the printer.

Announcements